8 Things You MUST Know
“The 8 Things You Must Know Before Choosing Your Family’s Orthodontist”
1. Let me introduce myself. I am Dr. Geralyn M. Menold. My personal mission is not to simply straighten mypatients’ teeth. Rather, the goal of my work is to increase Confidence, Self-Esteem, Attractiveness, Happiness, and Fun for children and adults. I truly believe my orthodontic treatment creates life-long advantages and opportunities for my patients. That is why I am an Orthodontic Specialist.
2. An orthodontist is a dentist, who after graduating from dental school, completes additional full-time university-based education in an accredited orthodontic residency program supervised by orthodontists. This specialized training lasts at least 2-3 academic years, sometimes longer. By learning about tooth movement (orthodontics) and guidance of facial development (dentofacial orthopedics), orthodontists are the specifically educated experts in dentistry to straighten teeth and align jaws. Orthodontists limit their practices to orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. This means that orthodontic treatment is what they do, and all they do. Selecting an orthodontist who is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) is your assurance that you have chosen an orthodontist: the dental specialist with at least 2-3 years of advanced specialty education in orthodontics in a university-based program accredited by the American Dental Association.
American Association of Orthodontists website - www.braces.org.
3. Dr. Menold is a graduate of the UCLA School of Dentistry. She completed her specialty training in orthodontics at the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Menold has been in practice in Hollister for over 17 years and is a Board Certified orthodontist. www.americanboardortho.com/public/.
4. Many general dentists refer their patients to Dr. Menold for her expert opinion on difficult cases of tooth crowding and jaw realignment. However, to seek treatment from an orthodontic specialist, you do not need to be referred by a general dentist. In fact, many patients that are treated by Dr. Menold were not referred by a general dentist, but rather sought out her treatment based on her reputation for dedicated personal care.
5. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that all children have an orthodontic evaluation by age 7. In many instances, early detection of common orthodontic problems, such as teeth crowding, and the implementation of appropriate, corrective orthodontic treatment results in a shorter course of therapy, which is more comfortable for the patient, and produces the most favorable results.
6. At the time of their initial orthodontic evaluation, many children do not require orthodontic treatment, or do not require it yet. Twenty-seven percent of patients seen by Dr. Menold were recommended to return at a later date to begin their orthodontic treatment. If your child does not require orthodontic treatment at the time of your initial visit, Dr. Menold prefers to put them on recall and wait until treatment should be started.
7. Orthodontic treatment is not just for children any longer! In fact, 15 percent of the patients treated by Dr. Menold are adults. Many of our adult patients are finding out now how a healthy, attractive smile can enhance their careers, as well as their self-esteem and happiness. Even though you may not have gotten braces when you were young, why should you deprive yourself any longer of the many benefits of expert orthodontic treatment? In fact, new procedures available today, such as Invisalign, are much more convenient for a busy adult’s schedule, and so invisible you’ll be the only one that knows!
8. Dr. Menold and her team offer many options to make treatment affordable for your family. In addition, our practice is convenient for our patients. All services are performed in Hollister. We offer appointments 4 days per week with early morning and late afternoon appointments for most procedures.
To schedule your exam, call TODAY at 831-637-1716.
Present this certificate for a Complimentary Exam, Evaluation and Photos
CLICK HERE OR ON THE BUTTON BELOW FOR PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
890 Sunset Drive, Suite B-1B, Hollister, California 95023 www.brookstoneorthodontics.com